Károly Jurcsik joined the Faculty of Architecture at the Budapest University of Technology in 1948, and after receiving his diploma he remained to teach until 1964. Thus, he experienced the changes that followed the post-war political shift in a relatively protected environment, working among the old masters – above all, under the legendary head of the Department of Public Building Design, Professor Károly Weichinger –